Add a footnote if this applies to your business
CURBSIDE PLAN beginning Jan. 4th: Curbside hours: M-T-W-TH 10am-4pm
Items may be returned to our drop box (located outside front door).
CURBSIDE PICK-UP STEPS:
· To search for library items, use The Waggin Website---REMEMBER to select German-Masontown Public Library when searching for items: www.waggin.org/catalog
· Once you find the library item(s) wanted you can:
A. Sign in and place a hold with your library card number (14 digit).
B. OR…. CALL the library @ 724-583-7030 (you may leave a voice message….we’ll respond to your message)
C. OR….EMAIL us: email@example.com Subject: Curbside Pick-up.
· WAIT for notification when your item(s) are ready for curbside pick-up.
· After receiving notification, CALL the library (724-583-7030) for pick-up details.
· If you’re in a vehicle, pull up by the front door and Library Staff will bring your item(s) out to your vehicle.
· If you are walking to the library, CALL for an appointment (724-583-7030) to pick-up item(s) and a Library Staff member will meet you @ the front door.
· At pick-up your item(s) will be given to you in a clean, unused plastic bag. All items have been quarantined.
In 1954, the Beth El Congregation donated their synagogue to the community. The same year the Masontown Community Center started a drive to raise funds to repair and remodel the building and to establish a public library there. However, it was not until 1962 when Leroy Erhard, Jr. became president of the Masontown Community Center that plans for the library began to materialize.
In December 1964 the board consulted with Mr. Norman Lyon, head librarian of Citizens Library of Washington, Pennsylvania, who advised them to apply for a state grant. The board then went to the Masontown Borough Council and the German Township Board of Education to ask for their support. The state grant for 60,275.00 was approved and the borough and the township signed a contract providing for the support of the library.
Thus, the library came into existence.
The mission of the German-Masontown Public Library is to serve the informational, educational, cultural, and recreational needs of all residents of German Township, Masontown Borough, and the Albert Gallatin Area School District community by providing access to a professional staff, a safe and up-to-date facility, and quality materials, programs and services. We strive to meet the community’s need for information and to provide answers to questions on a broad array of topics related to school, work and personal life.
We are dedicated to improving the lives of those in our community. Your contribution today helps us make a difference.
German-Masontown Public Library
104 South Main Street Masontown, PA 15461
Phone: (724) 583 7030
Power Library is made possible in part by Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and through Library Access Funds administered by the Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Department of Education, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Tom Wolf, Governor.
Copyright © 2019 German-Masontown Public Library - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder